Scottish Genealogical and Historical Researcher
35 Pittville Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, EH15 2BX
Tel: (0131) 669-6575
- Over 20 years of experience.
- University degree – Three year Bachelor of Arts.
- Member of the Association of Scottish Genealogists and Researchers in Archives.
- Author of A Lairdship Lost - the Mowats of Balquholly, 1309-1736 (Tuckwell Press, 2000).
- Registers of the Secession Churches and Parish Registers in the Kirk Session Records of the Church of Scotland (for SAFHS).
- Timothy Pont, the early Scottish mapmaker – for the Maps Department of the National Library of Scotland – see www.nls.uk/pont
- The Ancient Line of the Irvings of Bonshaw 1506 to the present day –see under Library on www.clanirving.com
- I can undertake historical and genealogical research for you in the National Records of Scotland (formerly the National Archives of Scotland) You might be interested to know that there are many indexed and unindexed records there which are not available online and which may help to add to what you know already or which can verify or correct some printed or online sources.
- I am experienced in searching earlier Scottish records and can provide you with transcriptions/translations of testaments (wills), sasines (records of property), deeds and many more and can also include notes and explanations, should you wish them.
- I can also make summaries in translation of sasines and charters written in Latin.
- I am always happy to give advice and to answer any questions you might have.
- Please email me for details of my fees.